Paekakariki Arts Walk
The Paekakariki Arts walk is brought to you by the
Paekakariki Station Precinct Trust, Paekakariki Community
Board and Local Iwi
The route starts at the Village Centre, up Beach Road, Along the Beachfront Walkway, up and over The Sand Track, Cecil Road, Tilley Road through the Station Car park, then back along the Station Platform ( Museum ) to the Village. This is a distance of approx 1.5 km.
- Improve the visitors experience in Paekakariki
- To inform and entertain both locals and visitors
- Increase foot traffic in the Village and Station Museum
- Offer another attraction for visitors to the Kapiti Coast
- Acknowledge the various Artist’s from within the village
- To build something over time that we can all be proud of.
Paekakariki has been known as a haven for many artistic people to either live or visit on a regular basis. With this in mind it seems fitting that this be acknowledged in some form of public display. Along with this the area is rich in Maori History with special links to Ngati Toa, Te Rauparaha and Te Rangihaeata, through our local hapu Ngati Haumia.